And the top 10 are:
10. Lingweenie (n): a person incapable of producing neologisms
WTF? Who the hell is using this, pop culture linguistics majors? I actually had to go to the M-W site just to look up 'neologisms'. In case any of you were curious, the definition is:
Main Entry: ne·ol·o·gism
Etymology: French néologisme, from ne- + log- + -isme -ism
1 : a new word, usage, or expression
2 : a meaningless word coined by a psychotic
9. Snirt (n): snow that is dirty, often seen by the side of roads and parking lots that have been plowed
They say eskimos have hundreds of words for snow. I'll bet even they wouldn't claim this one as one of theirs. Another I've never run across before. Who the fuck are using these words?
8. Slickery (adj): having a surface that is wet and icy
Man, it just gets worse and worse.
7. Phonecrastinate (v): to put off answering the phone until caller ID displays the incoming name and number
Four words down now and I've never heard of a one of them.
6. Gription (n): the purchase gained by friction: "My car needs new tires because the old ones have lost their gription."
There's probaly a good reason I've never heard of any of these. Maybe if I spent more time visiting elementary schools or something I'd be up on the terminology. Most of these look like the stupid combinations of kids who lack the vocabulary so they make things up.
5. Cognitive displaysia (n): the feeling you have before you even leave the house that you are going to forget something and not remember it until you're on the highway
WTF?! How in the world could this one the 5th most popular non-word?
4. Chillax (v): chill out/relax, hang out with friends
I'm guessing I can probaly blame hip-hop for this one. Seven down and not a single one I've even heard of or think belongs on the list.
3. Woot (interj): an exclamation of joy or excitement
Finally! They miscapitalized it since it should be WooT but that qualifies. WooTastic.
2. Confuzzled (adj): confused and puzzled at the same time
Another word I use all the time. It's nice to know that the top of the list is still gold even if the rest is worthless crap.
1. Ginormous (adj): bigger than gigantic and bigger than enormous
And a strong finish to the end. First thing that popped into my head when I saw this was quartzie talking about her ginormous forehead. I don't think I've ever used it before personally, but it gets my stamp of approval.