February 6th, 2008

dance centipedes vagina

Serves you right

Well, it looks like it's been confirmed. Heath Ledger croaked himself through a drug overdose. To be more specific, it looks like it was a mix of Hydrocodone (Vicodin) and Oxycodone (Percocet), Diazepam (Valium), Temazepam (Restoril), Alprazolam (Xanax) and Doxylamine (Active ingredient of Nyquil). Sort of impressive when you think about it. It's like he managed to swallow an entire mexican pharmacy with the exception of a handful of Viagra.

Personally, his death meant nothing to me. As an actor, he wasn't even on my radar and I couldn't quite understand the outpouring of angst over his death. I just don't see all that many movies anymore and there are all sorts of Hollywood pretty boys and teenybopper skanks who have popped up in the past half decade who I have almost no knowledge of. I will say that I am sort of pissy about the manner of his death though. It's almost certain that it was the opiates that did him in, and I can't help but be annoyed by that. Here was another wanker who obviously got a lot of joy out of popping drugs that only make me want to vomit and have a lie down. Screw you, Heath Ledger.