Monday, November 28, 2005; Posted: 2:56 p.m. EST (19:56 GMT)
SAGUENAY, Quebec (AP) -- A 15-year-old girl with a peanut allergy died after kissing her boyfriend, who had just eaten a peanut butter snack, hospital officials said Monday.
Christina Desforges died in a Quebec hospital Wednesday after doctors were unable to treat her allergic reaction to the kiss the previous weekend.
Desforges, who lived in Saguenay, about 155 miles north of Quebec City, was almost immediately given a shot of Adrenaline, a standard tool for treating the anaphylactic shock brought on by a peanut allergy, officials said.
Alrighty, yes, right off the bat it's a shame that she died. It's a tragedy and I'm sure that her friends and family are grief stricken and we're all sorry for their loss. On the otherhand, this is just freaking cool as hell. A literal kiss of death, and not from some sort of james bond'ian contact poison on the lips of some assasin for hire, but due to what was probaly something like a packet of crackers with peanut butter. It certainly beats sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads. I'm sure they'll be saving for years to come, if only she had just given him a peck on the cheek instead of doing the tongue fandango.
Now, what are the chances that he planned this? I mean, she must've been really really allergic to peanuts. Maybe he was trying to get her out of the way so he could make a move on the head cheerleader. A couple of reeses pieces and poof, the way is cleared for romeo to go out and get 'comforted' by all the girls at the school on his loss.