Added to that this year, are a couple of other issues.
- Killer Breakfast: Tracy dropped me a line and let me in on the t-shirt design that he, Laura, and the staff will be using this year. I'm hoping that Sew can incorporate it into the voodoo doll somehow, to make it look more like him. Frankly, the whole thing with the doll is stressing me the crap out. I just got an email from Sew saying that she's busy as heck lately but she dosen't think it'll take more than a couple days to put together and she won't be able to get to it until I actually get to Chicago. Now, I have no idea how much time or effort making something like this takes. I have no arts and craft skills and maybe for that reason, it seems like it would be a pretty large task. I'm just hopeful that it turns out well and the whole not knowing how it'll go is driving me nuts. The last thing I want to do is harass or push someone who's doing me a huge favor, but I can't help but wonder if there's going to be some last minute FUBAR that kicks me in the head over this. It's completely out of my hands and I can't help but worry.
- True Dungeon: Does anyone realize how much these tokens freaking weigh? I have no clue how I'm going to get all of them to chicago and stay under the weight limit. It wouldn't surprise me at all if all the tokens I have add up to 50 pounds or more at the moment. I'm only allowed two pieces of checked luggage and the weight limit on it is 50 pounds. I practically have to have a single suitcase that carries nothing but frakking tokens. I guess I could mail them...but I'd have to mail the fucking things both there and then back again. Hell. Maybe that is the only way it can be done. I should drop mock26 a line and see if I can use his address as a drop point.
- True Dungeon II: I have to make a take a token/leave a token box still. I dunno why I should even bother given the ebayification of tokens, I can't imagine it won't just get looted right off the bat or at some point during the con. I poured in craploads of my commons and uncommons last year and I'm not sure I could do the same again, certainly not for woodies. I've solicited for contributions for the box for the good of newbies, but I've gotten notta from the forums in commitment. Maybe it'll be self-sustaining, but I wouldn't bet on it. The only one who's offered to contribute so far is Richard.
- Housing: I'll be staying in Chicago with friends, and that's always sorta problematic. There's always some stress involved with that because of my gimpyness and the things I need to do to take care of it. My sister says I'm just too cheap and I should get a hotel no matter what the price. Easy for her to say with all the money she's got coming in. It's always hard to room with other people with my problems. It's like I'm trying to hide all the signs and evidence and that is very tiring after a while. Not to mention difficult.
- Car Rental: I'm still torn on whether or not I should rent a car. I guess I could just cab it around or get rides. I don't want to be beholden to anyone any more than I am already and I'm not sure that I really need a car all that often anyway. It would come in handy in a few cases though and might allow me to get a few things done in chicago just as I could at home. The question is how much I'm willing to pay for that convienance. I'm lowballing offers right now on priceline, but the best I seem able to get is still something that will cost me $200.
This trip is just driving me freaking crazy. I wish I could put it off for half a year or something.