Anyway, back to the list:
Rent a car for the trip to Chicago: Done and done. I got myself a nice midsize car and it ended up being a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. I should have been using my AAA membership from the start rather than trying to priceline a car all these years. The membership was actually cheaper without all the obnoxious hassles and I don't even have to pay in advance. It was more than double the price I got on Orbitz.
- Rent a 1 night hotel room for the Tuesday before Gencon: This shouldn't be a major chore. Like last year, I'm thinking of flying down early in order to join some of the KFG'ers. They're supposed to be going to the Indiana state fair and I've never been to any state fair in my life. There are seductive rumors about climbing through a giant colon.
- Book a flight from Chicago to Indy: This is the one-way trip to get me down to Indy a day early for the fair and crap. Normally I would have dealt with this already but Shelley has a voucher from AA she wants to use and I guess I should get it from her rather than pay for the ticket.
- Get my driver's license renewed: For the first time since I was 17, I don't have a valid license. It expired yesterday despite my attempts to get another. The fucking DMV locked their doors when I got there at 4:20 pm despite the door and website saying they didn't close till 4:30. Feh. I'll have to get this sorted out as soon as I can.
- Deliver Runebound pieces: I sold a buncha games to prismcat a few weeks ago but one of them was missing some pieces that were in another box. I've made at least one attempt to get them to her but ran afoul of the meetup schedule. I'm supposed to pop over there Friday and get it sorted out.
- Ebay a whole lot of crap: I've got a ridiculous amount of shit I should be selling on ebay. Absolutely ridiculous. Gaming cards, video games, assorted rigamarole. Ebay is like a good/bad habit and once I stop doing it, it's hard to get the ball rolling again. Most of this stuff is useless to me and I really should get rid of it before it depreciates any more in value.
I think that's it for the time being. Oh, two more items.
- Caption the Origins pictures: Hopefully I'll get to this tonight.
- Get the Flip Mino back from Connie and download the videos: Another miss on this today. Connie was here earlier but forgot to leave the Flip.
The sooner I get all of this wrapped up the better. Crap. I just remembered one more thing.
- Register for Dexcon: I'm still not certain if I want to try to share a hotel for this event or just commute up and down. I'm also not sure if I want to attend the opening ceremonies and blow $20 on it. Feh.