In the darkness the trees are full of starlight (henwy) wrote,
In the darkness the trees are full of starlight

  • Mood:

I can't belive tommorrow is monday....

What a day....

I didn't get to bed until 5:30 this morning and as a consequence managed to sleep through my alarm that rank continuously for over a hour and a half. I only managed to wake up when Chau called me on a cell phone and I heard it in the other room. For some reason, I'm now attuned to the simpson's stonecutter song (my ringer) so that it jerks me upright even if it's going at a whisper. I had planned to get up around 8:30, take a hour to shower, dress, and get ready. Instead, I woke up 40 minutes before I had to be at the wedding and freaked. I was told by someone (OATMEAL!!!!!) that the boat would leave the port at exactly 10:30am and I was terrified of being left on shore. I leapt out of bed and threw on my clothes, consisting of the one suit I had brought with me to chicago and that I have not worn in over 4 years. The same with the shirt, tie, and dress shoes, the latter of which had what seemed like a centimeter of dust on them that made them look brown instead of black. I scrambled down the stairs in a panic, managing to forget my camera and having to race back up to retrieve it. I didn't even get a chance to brush my hair before I left the apartment and had to have chau bring one down with her when I went to pick her up.

The drive to navy pier was pretty frenzied as you can imagine, but I managed to get there with plenty of time to spare. I did, however, manage to lose my tie somewhere along the way, and failed to find it until hours later (it had slipped over my car seat and my frenzied search of the car somehow overlooked it). Trip, candie, and frig were all there at the bottom of the gangplank when Chau and I got there and things generally went smoothly from there on. We waited momentarily for oatmeal, but it turned out she was a no-show. I ended up leaving multiple voice messages for her but she never got back to me. I hope that everything's okay and maybe she just wanted more beauty sleep or something else minor came up. It turned out that I was on the 2nd page of the guest list under 'henwy, but the person checking the guest list didn't have a page 2. We sorted it out in pretty quick order though if necessary, I was more than willing to claim I was 'beef' or if absolutely necessary 'wooman'. So, though oatmealless, we boarded the Odessey and commenced with the wedding adventure.

Everything was fabulous. The ceremony was first and took perhaps 15-20 minutes or so. If I recall correctly, the super-passwords were 'Covenant', 'Christ', 'Compassion', and 'Children'. We discussed later that the secret 5th word should have been 'Cthulhu' given that it fit the 'C' word theme and considering who was getting married. The ceremony went over pretty well and I managed to get a few nice pictures despite the fact that someone tall obscured a lot of my shots. I ended up taking quite a few pictures through the course of the cruise and I'll be popping them up for perusal at some point. I'm just not sure I have the energy at the moment to handle all of that work.

So a quick summary:

-Candie, in a fit of impish spitefulness, told trip a big vat of something was mashed potatoes, though it looked like nothing of the sort. He ended up adding giant dollops of some sort of flavored whipped butter to the center of his plate, that covered/touched the rest of his food.
-I don't know what that particular slice of meat (not the ham) was called but damn that was good eatin'.

-It was very windy out there on Lake Michigan today....mmmm, BRISK!
-Had a lot of nice conversations with spooks and the mrs after I finished offering my congradulations. It seems they're both coming to Gencon in August, and some of their relatives too. If we get a few more sissies, it could be quite a pow-wow down there.
-Took a lot of scenary shots as the cruiseship went up and down the coast.
-I never did find the farging clown making balloon animals. Very disapointed.

-Gah, too rich for me. I had one of those chocolate covered strawberries and was sure I was going to go into hyperglycemic shock. I stuck with the fruit at that though the others seemed happy enough with the cakes.

-Passed. Didn't see any of the other sissies strutting their stuff either.

Afterwards the party wasn't over yet. We all decided to go off to Dave and Buster's where madkitty joined us and we had some fun blasting the hell out of each other in battletech and playing other games. I traded in all my points for a GIGANTIC blue and green dragon. He's at least 3 and a half feet tall and spiffykeen. I also won some other knickknacks and gave one of them to candie. It's been a full full weekend and I don't want it to be monday tommorrow.

Update: I've got all the pictures uploaded. Do I hear any bribe offers to make them avaliable? Going once...going twice...

  • It's the size that counts

    My 27" LED monitor finally arrived today from Bestbuy and I was ecstatic. It was huge, much bigger than I expected. You have to realize though the…

  • It's an anniversary of sorts

    I just realized that it's been exactly one year since I joined Swagbucks. I don't spend nearly as much time fussing with it as I used to, but it's…

  • Vindication: Not nearly as sweet when you can't gloat.

    I spent a good chunk of my first day in Ohio distracted by my recent discovery that the new Dresden Files book Ghost Story had been published…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded